Originally posted on HelloGiggles! You know when you see someone and you can instantly tell you’d be friends? It’s rare but exciting to feel an instant friendship connection! That’s exactly what happened when I shot a commercial with poised and … Continue reading
I just wrapped up a certification in plant-based nutrition and launched a new website/food initiative called One Part Plant.The website is a healthy foodie/ lifestyle site with recipes, tips, and practical advice. The site also features partnering hotels and restaurants that offer plant-based dishes on their menus (some for the very first time). There’s even a popular steakhouse on board! After avoiding a major surgery by changing my diet to a plant-based one, I am a huge advocate of using food as medicine. I am so passionate about this project and helping others get healthy, I get giggly just thinking about it.
I have always wished I liked coffee. Seriously. I even attempted to fake-like-it in college. But I just don’t. I make a green juice every morning – which is my version of coffee. And if I am not at home to make my own, I just discovered Suja. Their juices are so damn good.
It’s the Little Things
Words of Wisdom
My Dad’s classic answer to everything, “Live in the now”.
“Rejoice in other people’s successes because there is plenty for everyone”. – Louise Hay
ITEM OF THE DAY: PHILOSOPHIE SUPERFOOD POWDERS
( Recently posted on HelloGiggles )
Here at YFB, we love a great blend. These delicious, organic, vegan blend of superfood powders are something I feel guilty keeping all to myself!
Bullet Points about the Blends:
- Sophie Jaffe, certified Raw Food Nutritionist and Raw Food Chef, created her Philosophie superfood powders out of the necessity for a convenient and healthy way to get an anti-oxident packed superfood fix.
- The recipe on the back of the package- YUM. Sophie provides other recipies on her site, but after months of using her powders, I have yet to get tired of the classic smoothie recipe. Below are the powders’ ingredients- some might sound foreign, but trust the classic recipe which results in a creamy coconutty vanilla flavor (or chocolately for the cacao magic).
- Cacao Magic includes Chinese medicinal mushrooms- reishi, cordyceps, chaga, maca, cacao powder & nibs, chia seeds, tocos and fresh vanilla.
- Green Dream includes spirulina, fresh vanilla pod, raw vegan sprouted protein powder (hemp), maca (balances mood, high in iron and protein), tocos (vit.E), chia seeds, mesquite and chlorella.
- The smoothies fill me up and leave a natural energy boost- they’re my favorite mid-morning/day snack that I whip up in my magic bullet (On a budget, the contents of the smoothie are more important to me than the blender).
So there you have it. Easy to make and so gosh darn good for you; it’s a win-win situation.
“one can’t think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” -virginia woolf
(photo via thekitchn)