I recently received an email from a friend saying, “I loved your write up on Samantha this morning; I always enjoy hearing about all these artistic entrepreneurs!” That email was sent to me by someone equally inspiring and cool. So … Continue reading
…was yesterday. Take a second and think of how far those beans have come, from the farmers who laboriously grow the beans, the roasters who skillfully roast them, to the baristas who artfully brew the beans into the yummy beverage we all enjoy. THE BEST PART IS: There’s nothing stopping us from extending this holiday into a lifelong celebration. A few ways to celebrate:
- Show some love: tip your barista for being wonderfully wonderful.
- Donate: Coffee Kids, the non-profit that helps improve the lives of coffee farming families. Others: Lyon, a collaboration of the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation with La Colombe coffee.
- Drink: start your day by treating yourself to your favorite cafe and end the day with a delicious espresso stout.
- Listen: many songs mention or focus around the caffeinated beverage. Get your fix: Dolly Parton’s song 9 to 5 , or just the beginning, starting with “pour myself a cup of ambition, and yawn and stretch and try to come to life”. More: Cigarettes and Coffee by Otis Redding, Coffee by Aesop Rock, One More Cup of Coffee (cover) by Frazey Ford, Black Coffee by Black Flag, Coffee Mug by The Descendents,
- Eat: you can drink your coffee and eat it too, I’m talking dark chocolate covered espresso beans, coffee infused smoothies, mocha chip muffins, etc.
- Read: expand your java knowledge and learn about the history of coffee.