This week’s coffee table guest might sound familiar as I’ve raved about her superfood powders in a previous HelloGiggles item of the day post. A wife, mother, and business owner, this lady is balancing it all. Please give a healthy hello to Los … Continue reading
ITEM OF THE DAY: PHILOSOPHIE SUPERFOOD POWDERS
( Recently posted on HelloGiggles )
Here at YFB, we love a great blend. These delicious, organic, vegan blend of superfood powders are something I feel guilty keeping all to myself!
Bullet Points about the Blends:
- Sophie Jaffe, certified Raw Food Nutritionist and Raw Food Chef, created her Philosophie superfood powders out of the necessity for a convenient and healthy way to get an anti-oxident packed superfood fix.
- The recipe on the back of the package- YUM. Sophie provides other recipies on her site, but after months of using her powders, I have yet to get tired of the classic smoothie recipe. Below are the powders’ ingredients- some might sound foreign, but trust the classic recipe which results in a creamy coconutty vanilla flavor (or chocolately for the cacao magic).
- Cacao Magic includes Chinese medicinal mushrooms- reishi, cordyceps, chaga, maca, cacao powder & nibs, chia seeds, tocos and fresh vanilla.
- Green Dream includes spirulina, fresh vanilla pod, raw vegan sprouted protein powder (hemp), maca (balances mood, high in iron and protein), tocos (vit.E), chia seeds, mesquite and chlorella.
- The smoothies fill me up and leave a natural energy boost- they’re my favorite mid-morning/day snack that I whip up in my magic bullet (On a budget, the contents of the smoothie are more important to me than the blender).
So there you have it. Easy to make and so gosh darn good for you; it’s a win-win situation.